Thursday, June 12, 2014

The new norm

Well it's been more than a month now and I have to say this no added sugar thing is definitely starting to feel like the norm. I think the biggest hurdle has been getting accustomed to making everything all the time. But now that I have a few recipes in the arsenal, especially for snacks, it's become much easier. Plus I've gotten used to having fruits and veggies for snacks. And I've found some good products to get me through those days where I didn't plan correctly.

I don't think I'll ever avoid added sugar 100% but even if I avoid 80-90% that's great! I think that's what has kept me sticking to the plan is I don't get discouraged by slip ups. Even my "cheat meals" are still the best option I can choose given the circumstances. Hopefully this encourages anyone reading this to try something with your diet that seems too tough. Even if you improve your eating choices half the time that's major progress!

Day 32
Breakfast:
oatmeal, almond butter, banana

Snack:
Vanilla Chia Pod

Lunch:
Zucchini Chickpea Tomato Curry with quinoa blend from Costco

Snack:
Nectarine
banana and almond butter

Dinner:
Zucchini Chickpea Tomato Curry with quinoa blend from Costco

Exercise:
CrossFit


No comments:

Post a Comment