Sunday, June 8, 2014

New Discovery: Chia Pod

As we were leaving Whole Foods we saw a big banner advertising Chia Pods. The ingredients were very simple: chia seeds, coconut milk, and fruit. Sounded right up my alley! We grabbed mango, blueberry, vanilla, and banana and sure enough, right on the package it says vegan and no sugar added. Did they make these just for me??

Chia seeds have been popular for a while, especially in the running community, for their health benefits. I figured this would make a great pre-run snack for my 10k mud run. When you get chia seeds wet they have a similar consistency to tapioca so they are great for making pudding. I ate the vanilla Chia Pod and it was delicious! I also tried Mike's blueberry which was really good too. They are a little pricey for what they are, but worth the convenience if you are short on time. I'll definitely be looking into making something similar on my own!

Day 27
Breakfast:
Oatmeal, banana, almond butter

Snack:
Key Lime Coconut Energy Bites

Lunch:
Grilled Vegetable Panini with avocado salad from Panini Cafe (no cheese, no onions)

Snack:
Key Lime Coconut Energy Bites

Dinner:
Leftover lunch

Dessert:
Key Lime Coconut Energy Bites

Exercise:
World Famous Mud Run at Camp Pendleton


No comments:

Post a Comment