Thursday, June 26, 2014

Portions

I don't post my portions because I don't keep track of them. I try to follow the Blue Zones Project Power 9 mantra "Hara hachi bu"which basically means to stop eating when you are 80% full. Well, that's pretty arbitrary actually because how do you know what 80% feels like until you reach 100%? But I get the idea, basically stop eating before you actually feel full. It makes sense to me because I can think of plenty of occasions where I have eaten until I felt full and then 20 minutes or so later I felt like I was going to explode!

But that also doesn't mean that I eat tiny portions. In fact, it takes a large portion of vegetables to get the same number of calories that are in meat. I usually can't eat that much in one sitting so I snack throughout the day and sometimes break my dinner up into two meals an hour or more apart. And speaking of portions, watch this girl eat 51 bananas in ONE DAY! Watch her stomach grow and then shrink back, it's crazy!!

Breakfast:
oatmeal, strawberries, banana

Snack:
Feel Good Hearty Granola Bar

Lunch:
Veggie Wrap with Hummus from Trader Joe's
Antioxidant Warm Quinoa Bowl

Snack:
Nectarine
Baby Carrots
Almonds
Apple
Feel Good Hearty Granola Bar

Dinner:
Raw Lasagna

Exercise:
much needed rest day


No comments:

Post a Comment