Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Nothing comes easy

Today is National Running Day so even though Wednesdays are usually a rest day for me, I went for a run with my friend Freddy. Not just a run, a trail run! This means lots of hills which are very hard for me. I asked Freddy how he got so good at running up hills and he said there is no secret, you just have to do it a lot. Then we came upon a sign someone spray painted that said "The elevator to success is closed, you'll have to take the stairs." Such a great reminder. It's so easy to look at what other people can do and think, "why can't I do that?" It's easy to forget that they put in a lot of work to get there!

Day 24
Breakfast:
oatmeal, banana

Snack:
Nakd Cashew Cookie Bar (good)
Nakd Cocoa Delight (really good)

Lunch:
Snap Pea and Cherry Salad from Milo and Olive

Snack:
Apple
Almonds

Dinner:
Winter Vegetable Stir Fry

Exercise:
trail run


No comments:

Post a Comment