Saturday, June 14, 2014

Homemade Chia Pod

Last night I tried to make my own Chia Pod. I added 2.5 cups of coconut milk to 0.5 cup of chia seeds a half cup at a time letting each half cup absorb so I could monitor the consistency. I used Thai Kitchen coconut milk because the only ingredients are coconut milk, water, and guar gum. I also added a teaspoon of vanilla extract and a teaspoon of cinnamon. I'd probably increase the vanilla and cinnamon next time. Finally I chopped up one mango and mixed it in. I let it sit in the fridge overnight and in the morning it was pretty hard. I took it with me thinking I'd eat it later in the day but ended up not eating for several hours so it had warmed up to room temperature by that time. It loosened up quite a bit, more so than actual Chia Pods. It tasted okay but not amazing. Mike liked it though. I think I would like it more if it was cold. Also a bit more vanilla and cinnamon. I'll keep monkeying with the recipe but at least it's way cheaper than the original!

Day 34
Breakfast:
oatmeal, banana, almond

Snack:
Key Lime Coconut Energy Bites

Lunch:
Jack Asada Taco & Beer Battered Avo Taco from Seabirds Kitchen

Snack:
Homemade Chia Pod!
Key Lime Coconut Energy Bites

Dinner:
Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai

Exercise:
Handstand Workshop


No comments:

Post a Comment