Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Whole Sugar

Today was really busy and I ended up working through lunch. This wouldn't be an issue except I didn't bring lunch today so I had to rely on my snacks to get through the day. Luckily I brought 3 granola bars instead of the 2 I normally would have.

I coasted on fumes through the last few minutes of my day and drove straight to Whole Foods after work to grab a quick bite for the commute home. I was planning to get one of my favorites: cucumber and avocado sushi! This is one of my go-tos and I've read the ingredients many times before. I never looked for sugar in the past so I decided to read the ingredients again and was disappointed to see fructose and brown sugar. Next I grabbed a veggie sandwich and checked the ingredients. Fructose. Finally I picked up the hummus wrap with stuffed grape leaves...success!! What a bummer though that so many foods have added sugar! It's already hard to find quick healthy food on the go but now it'll be even harder. Guess I just have more motivation to cook at home! Click HERE for a really interesting video on that very topic.

Day 17
Breakfast:
Oatmeal, homemade almond butter 

Snack:
Baby carrots
Apple

Laaaate lunch:
Hummus wrap with stuffed grape leaves from Whole Foods

Dinner:
Superfood Salad (This is really really good, don't let the term "salad" make you think it won't be filling. There's not even any lettuce in it!)

Exercise:
Rest day


No comments:

Post a Comment