Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Today was hard

Okay, things have been going surprisingly well up til today. I really didn't have too many temptations so it was easy to stick to my plan. Today, however, I was faced with Porto's! For those that don't know, Porto's is an amazing Cuban bakery that sells treats made by angels. Seriously, so good! I knew they would be selling it at the office today for a fundraiser but it didn't help prepare me for walking past the boxes multiple times. What also didn't help was I really didn't prepare my snacks very well. Normally I can distract myself with my own treats but I ran out of the good stuff and only had the pineapple coconut balls which aren't even close to good enough to take my mind off delicious baked goods.

I'm not sure how much it was a factor, but it definitely crossed my mind that if I indulged I would have to document it for the 3 people that read my blog to see (hi Mommy!). Either way I did not succumb! It was tough but when I left the office today I felt good about my decision and did not feel deprived in any way. I've got a long weekend of difficult decisions ahead of me so it was really important to me to stick to my game plan this week.

Day 10
Breakfast:
Oatmeal, homemade almond butter

Snack:
Baby carrots

Lunch:
Spinach salad

Snack:
Pineapple Coconut Raw Energy Ball
Apple
Banana
Almonds

Dinner:
Quinoa and Brown Rice Bowl with Vegetables and Tahini

Exercise:
Rest day


No comments:

Post a Comment