Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cheat Day

Today was Vegan Beer Fest so I knew it would be a major cheat day. I went in with the goal of tasting the vegan Cheesy Mac & "Rib" from The Grilled Cheese Truck (which never offers vegan options) and the vegan "cronut" (croissant donut hybrid that is currently all the rage thanks to Dominique Ansel) from Real Food Daily. I am happy to say I accomplished both goals but sadly the cronut was not all that I had hoped for.

I'm not really a beer drinker, I went to the festival more for the food, but I did taste a delicious pineapple cider from Ace Cider that will be in Whole Foods next month! So after half the grilled cheese, most of the cronut, and a few servings of cider I was stuffed! I had a few bites of some other things but really that was the bulk of what I ate. I briefly entertained the idea of getting a vegan baked treat for the road on our way out but decided against it and I'm glad I did.

I did not set out to allow myself cheat days but sometimes they are necessary and shouldn't mean blowing the whole day just because of one event. With that in mind I tried to reel it in later in the evening when I found myself not having eaten dinner (seriously I was so full) and out with girlfriends at a restaurant that wasn't exactly vegan friendly or sugar free. Tomorrow should be back on track!

Day 6
Breakfast:

Snack:
Cranberry Walnut Granola

Lunch:
vegan Cheesy Mac & "Rib" grilled cheese
vegan "cronut"

Snack:
Cranberry Walnut Granola

Dinner:
Roasted Carrot and Citrus Salad
Hand Cut Frites

Exercise:
5 mile run (part trail, part street)
Yoga


No comments:

Post a Comment