Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A girl cannot catch a break

Well this is proving to be much harder than expected! Today I decided to check the label on the balsamic vinegar I used for last night's dinner and guess what? It contains caramel, also known as sugar! I didn't let that stop me from eating the leftovers for lunch but boy, so far I'm 0 for 3 on achieving a diet (or as my BFF suggested calling it, "livet") free of added sugar. Good thing I'm only trying my best for my own health and not allergic or diabetic or anything. It's definitely going to be an educational experience discovering what seemingly innocent products contain added sugar. Ideally I would avoid processed food altogether but I already spend a decent amount of time researching recipes, purchasing groceries, and making meals. At this point I don't want to give up extracurriculars to devote more time to my "livet." And really, I don't consider balsamic vinegar on par with cookies or potato chips or other processed foods. Maybe I can find one that doesn't contain caramel, I'm not sure if that is a key ingredient or not.

Day 3
Breakfast:
oatmeal, homemade almond butter, half banana

Snack:
Baby carrots

Lunch:
Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Kale

Snack:

Exercise:
Bible study (exercising the brain!)


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I actually heard or read somewhere that Balsamic Vinegar isn't very healthy. The only thing I add to salads is apple cider vinegar OR lemon juice. :)

    ReplyDelete