Monday, May 19, 2014

Recipe Reviews

I realized that I haven't commented on my snack recipes yet. First of all, the Cranberry Walnut Granola. I didn't include the honey which may explain why it doesn't stick together at all but I'm okay with it because it tastes delicious! It's pretty messy but totally worth it! It actually tastes kind of buttery and it's pretty filling.

Secondly, the Pineapple Coconut Raw Energy Ball. I thought I would be clever and puff my own quinoa since it seemed fairly simple. It actually was really simple, however I need to work on my technique a bit. I applied the old popcorn rule and planned to wait until the "pops" were a few seconds apart, however in that time it got pretty toasty and ended up tasting slightly burnt. I think I will try it again but I will spring for the pre-made puffed quinoa. The burnt taste was overpowering and the balls taste pretty savory. Not the worst thing, I mean I've been eating them regularly, but I just think they can taste a lot better. So far the Key Lime Energy Coconut Bites are my favorite snack. I plan to make them again ASAP because they are so delicious and really easy to make.

Day 8
Breakfast:
Oatmeal, homemade almond butter

Snack:

Lunch:
Yam and broccoli w/ olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh thyme (chopped up everything into bite sized pieces and baked for about 25 minutes at 350)

Snack:

Dinner:
Roasted Buddha Bowl

Exercise:
yoga


No comments:

Post a Comment