Sunday, November 6, 2011

Williams Sonoma Pumpkin Butter Dessert Squares

Three years ago I was in Kansas City for five weeks for work. There wasn't much to do so we went shopping and happened upon Williams Sonoma where they were handing out samples of the most delicious pumpkin dessert you could ever imagine! It was to promote their super pricey pumpkin butter and thankfully they were handing out the recipe so I snapped it up. I've since made it more times than I can count and every time I get asked for the recipe so here it is! I use Trader Joe's pumpkin butter which is less than half the price and just like the WS version you'll need two jars.



Ingredients

1 package yellow cake mix; set aside one cup
½ cup butter, melted
3 eggs, large
1 1/3 cups pumpkin butter
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp flour
2 tbsp sugar
¼ cup butter, softened
1 tsp cinnamon



Directions

Preheat oven to 350°F. Divide yellow cake mix, placing all but one cup in a mixing bowl. Stir the melted butter and one egg into the cake mix. Press the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9” x 13” pan. Mix the pumpkin butter with two eggs and milk. Stir the reserved cup of cake mix with the flour, sugar, softened butter, and cinnamon. Mix together until crumbly.  
 Pour pumpkin filling over the cake mix crust. Sprinkle crumble over top of the pumpkin layer. 
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Cut into 2” squares. Serves 24.

Also I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that I've now raised over $500 for the Center for Assault Treatment Services! Everyone has been so supportive and generous, I'm sure I'll reach my next goal of $1,000 by the end of the year. Please help me reach this goal by donating here:

No comments:

Post a Comment