Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Week 5 in the books

Yoga was canceled on Thursday so I invited my training buddy Lauren to join me at the Bar Method. Although she shot me a few death stares during thigh work she liked it as much as I do. Such a great workout and great cross training for runners!

Saturday we ran 5 miles again (well technically 4.72) and finished up at Fleet Feet Encino for an appreciation breakfast! The run wasn't as good as last week since I went out a bit too fast as usual, but it wasn't terrible other than being bitterly cold. Once back I skipped the stretching and went straight for the chatting! I saw Gail Hynick from the Center for Assault Treatment Services and we talked about fundraising ideas.


The breakfast was awesome, it was so sweet of everyone at Fleet Feet to pitch in and we also got to celebrate Team CATS raising over $10,000! Personally I celebrated reaching my $500 goal and got a hat which will come in handy for those sunny Saturday morning runs. My next goal is to reach $1,000 by the end of the year so please visit my donation page to help out if you can: http://www.crowdrise.com/crystalarrieta

Some of my favorite training buddies showing off our sparkling cider party favors.

No comments:

Post a Comment