Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Choose My Costume for the LA Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon!

Much like last year at this time, I am yet again embarking on the amazing journey that is training for the LA Marathon. But this time is different. This time I have a basis for comparison. Not only will I be trying to finish the race faster than 5:14:20, but my even more important goal is to raise more than the $3,000 I raised last year for the Center for Assault Treatment Services... with the help of my amazingly generous friends and family!

I've been running with much more regularity than last year at this time and you can read about the 200 mile I ran recently here. I've also got a Zombie Run on 10/20 and the LA Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon on 10/28. Since the half marathon is so close to Halloween, everyone dresses up in costumes so I figured it might be fun to turn my costume choice into a fundraiser...

Whoever donates the most between now and midnight PST on 10/15 will get to choose my race costume. It has to be eligible for Amazon Prime so I can be sure it arrives in time and obviously cannot inhibit running (nothing that hangs down below the knees). Otherwise, go crazy! Just click the link below to donate online or contact me if you'd prefer to donate by cash or check.

DONATE HERE

Even though the marathon training schedule is pretty light this early on, I need to be ready for 13.1 miles by the end of the month so I joined some of my Fleet Feet family Monday morning for a 4 mile trail run.


On Wednesday I joined Fleet Feet for the weekly fun run and also bought a new pair of shoes! I've been needing a new pair, especially before I start training so when I walked in and saw Trey wearing the hot pink Asics and he said they were similar to the pair I normally wear I was sold. Turns out I wasn't the only one either...


Now don't forget to donate before 10/15!! RIGHT HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment