Sunday, October 23, 2011

3rd week down, 21 more to go!

Well after my trouble with Garmin on Tuesday, I up and completely forgot it for my Wednesday run! I know you were dying to analyze the stats but you'll have to just settle for my brief synopsis: 3.75 miles in the hills.  I ran with Mandy who is in the Half Marathon Training Group at Fleet Feet Encino and running her race at the end of the month. I was only scheduled to do 3 miles so I fulfilled my duty and didn't feel too bad about declining the alternate route which would make it a full 5 miles.

Thursday was another whirlwind but I got some amazing news! I rushed over to Woodland Hills Physical Therapy after work and told my PT Rod about my training and fundraising. I didn't even have to ask and he offered to donate to the Center for Assault Treatment Services AND said all his staff will order treats from me! You can help make a difference in the lives of victims of sexual abuse too by going here: http://www.crowdrise.com/crystalarrieta

After that great news I grabbed Subway on my way to Fleet Feet for yoga. It was a nice small class with Ko Ohka and he finally got me to do down dog with my weight on my thumb and forefinger rather than the bottom of my palm. I also got to do my favorite pose, the dancer's pose!

Our Saturday morning 4 mile long run felt better than last week's but I still think I went out too fast. I had to really work hard to keep running the whole time but that's the nice thing about running with a group, you find strength and endurance you never would if you were alone. I think this was also true for my neighbor, Andreia, who I convinced to try out the training group and join our team. She did great and it'll be so nice to have someone to do some of those solo long runs with! Below is a pic of some of my running buddies after our run: Bobby, me, Melissa, and Andreia.

This weekend I managed to raise nearly $100 for CATS! It was much easier than I thought it would be and it's just so amazing how a little from each person really adds up. I also noticed that my donation page requires a minimum donation of $10 so if you would like to donate less please let me know and we can set something up through Paypal or I will meet you somewhere. I'm so touched by the generosity of my friends and family and excited about what the money can do to benefit victims of sexual abuse in the San Fernando Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment