From The Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook 1996
Start to finish : 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings.
· 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or skinless, boneless chicken thighs
· 2 tablespoons honey
· 2 tablespoons vinegar
· 2 tablespoons orange juice
· 1 tablespoon soy sauce
· 1 teaspoon cornstarch
· 2 tablespoons cooking oil
· 2 cups vegetables, fresh or frozen (I buy the packaged stir-fry veggies in the produce department)
· hot cooked rice or couscous (I buy pre-cooked microwaveable brown rice)Directions
1. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces; set aside. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together honey, vinegar, orange juice, soy sauce, and cornstarch; set aside.
2. Pour cooking oil into a wok or a large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry vegetables for 3 minutes or till vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from wok. Add chicken to hot wok. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or till chicken is no longer pink. Push chicken from the center of the wok. Stir sauce; add to center of the wok. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
3. Return cooked vegetables to wok. Stir all ingredients together to coat. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or till heated through. Serve immediately over rice or couscous.
Nutrition fact per serving: 232 cal., 9 g. total fat (2 g sat. fat), 45 mg chol., 322 mg sodium, 20 g carbo, 18 g pro.
DAILY VALUES: 30% vit A, 10% vit. C, 2 % calcium, 8 % iron.
*This recipe was taken from Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook, Meredith Corporation, 1996_1996.