Monday, November 26, 2012

Made my November goal, costume choice revealed!

Monday I made it a point to get to Body Dynamix to let Dr. Eddie torture my shins. He also showed me a few foam rolling exercises and encouraged me to do them every day. We practiced a few which was pretty painful but that just means I need to keep it up.

Tuesday was full of ups and downs. I was super sick but I received four donations which put me over my November goal of raising $1,500! Can you believe I got sick the week of Thanksgiving again?? Reaching my fundraising goal definitely kept my spirits up and helped take my mind off my lack of appetite and extreme boredom.

Wednesday I was still recovering so took another day off working out but Thursday I was determined to get a Thanksgiving run in. I had been wanting to check out the Portuguese Bend Reserve for ages but needed daylight to do it so this was my first opportunity. It was chilly and overcast when I left the house but as I drove up the hill I realized that long sleeves were a bad choice. The trails are fairly steep but the views are amazing... or at least they will be on a clear day. I ran/hike/walked about 2.5 miles before rushing back to start Thanksgiving festivities. I also got a donation from my aunt so it was a great day!




Friday I got a much needed cross-training trip to Bar Method in. There was a cute family in class: a mom, dad, and their two sons! The instructor was pregnant but still managed to work us hard to burn off all those Thanksgiving calories.

Saturday I met up with Peachy to run our scheduled 12 miles. She suggested we run our usual Santa Monica boardwalk but instead of staying on the path, we would head up Temescal Canyon and include some trails in the route. I agreed and we easily climbed the street up to the start of the trail. Unfortunately the minute we began to ascend the trail I started losing steam. I don't know if it was the elevation, the lack of food this week, or some combination, but I had to take frequent breaks to climb the mile and a half trail. Finally we reached the waterfall we had been promised, however it was dried out and not quite the payoff we were hoping for. When we reached our starting point it was just shy of 11 miles and I asked Peachy if we could call it good since the trail had taken so much out of me. When we started the fog hid the ocean from view but by the time we were done it had burned away.





I'm sure you've been eager to find out what costume I'll be wearing on December 8th at the Christmas Run so here it is... I'll be running the 10k as CORN!


If you weren't able to get in on the fun of helping me reach $1,500, never fear! I'm on my way to my next goal of raising $2,500 by the end of the year. Since the costume incentive seems to be working I'll agree to wear one for the New Year's Race on January 5th. It's a half marathon through Downtown LA at night! So please click the Donate Now button to the top right of this page and start getting your costume suggestions ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment